The student needs to clearly delineate the need for this program, the target
population, and the appropriate setting(s). Students should ask themselves
what gap this program fills in public health. Is it a language barrier you are
addressing? Is it a geographic barrier that exist?
Why is there a need for the specific community health need you selected?
(look at the data) (how many changes in the data could be reflected because
of the impact of pre-covid and post covid)
Implementing the Intervention
• What is different about the new intervention and how does it impact the
• Where would you implement the activities/interventions? (moving from one
specific site now to change to a different location now it is going to expand to
number of people who are able to receive this program or service)
• What kind of educational materials would you use, pamphlets, brochures,
PSA’s, bulletin boards, etc…? (Please include a copy or link from pre-existing
• How would you inform your target population of the proposed
Project Outcomes and Evaluation
• What is the key anticipated outcome(s) of the revised project/service and
impact on participants? Will it reach a new audience or more community
• What type of evaluation will you use (see Chapter 5)?
• How will you know if you have achieved the expected outcomes?
• How will progress towards the objectives be tracked and outcomes