COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY PAPER
Now that you’ve looked at a popular media source through the lens of some scholarly literature, you can evaluate peer-reviewed articles in more depth while applying a theory to learning. You’ll analyze if a theory is supported by the research. This is an important skill for the Week 7 assignment, where you’ll need to use articles to support an evaluation of conditions and treatments.
If you haven’t already, select at least three articles from this week’s readings and review them. For this assignment, write a research paper in the broad topic of individual differences in one of these subtopic areas:
Use the APA Paper Template [DOCX] to complete this assignment.
To complete this assignment: Select and review at least three articles from this week’s readings to inform your paper. You do not need to locate additional articles, although you may use sources that are not included in the provided reading lists.
Follow the assignment instructions to organize your paper using APA style in-text citations and a reference list (see below).
Important: Prior to submission, conduct a self-evaluation of this assignment using the scoring guide and identifying the proficiency level for each criterion. Submit your assignment and the self-evaluation (as a separate attachment).
See below for more instructions.
Use the following as a guide for organizing your paper:
Introduction (1 paragraph).
Description of the theory, model, or phenomenon (2–3 paragraphs).
• Examples of how the theory, model, or phenomenon impacts learning and memory processes using the peer-reviewed articles you located to inform the examples. (2 paragraphs).
• Description of the research methods used in the sources cited and analysis of their appropriateness (2–3paragraphs).
• Strengths and limitations of the theoretical perspective or phenomenon (1–2 paragraphs).
• Summary and conclusion (1–2 paragraphs).
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
Resources: Use your course resources and at least three peer-reviewed and scholarly resources (no more than five years old).
• APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Refer to Evidence and APA page on Campus for guidance.
• Template: Use the APA Paper Template [DOCX] for your paper.
• Length: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, excluding the title and reference pages.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
1. When you have finished, write a separate, one-page self-evaluation of your work compared to the scoring guide criteria. Ensure that you have completed all assignment requirements (ideally at the Distinguished level).
2. Evaluate your performance using the criteria in the scoring guide.
3. Compare and contrast your self-evaluation from the previous assignment with the feedback provided by your instructor to align your personal evaluation with faculty expectations.
4. Indicate the proficiency level you met for each criterion.
5. Include the scoring guide (including comments) with your self-evaluation.
6. Submit the self-evaluation as a separate attachment when you submit your assignment.
Use the PSYC3500 Week 5 Self-Evaluation Form [DOCX] to complete your self-evaluation, and submit this along with your assignment for grading.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following coursecompetencies and scoring guide criteria:Competency 1: Apply psychology theories and concepts to human learning and cognition.
Describe a theory, model, or phenomenon that impacts learning and memory processes.
Apply examples to illustrate how a theory, model, or phenomenon impacts learning and memory.
Competency 3: Describe the research methods used in the study of human learning and cognition.
Describe the research methods used in the sources cited.
Competency 4: Analyze theory and research to solve problems and inform professional behavior in human learning and cognition.
Describe strengths and limitations of the theory or phenomenon.
Competency 5: Apply metacognitive strategies to self-assess performance quality.
Conduct a self-evaluation using established scoring criteria and identifying the proficiency level for each criterion.
Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.
Apply current APA style, including in-text citations and full references for sources.