You must watch the entire VCS recording of the class session you missed. These are
generally available within 48 hours of the class session and are found in GAP under
Supplementary Course Materials as displayed below:
Click this link to access the list of videos (one for each class session),
then choose the session you missed.
2. After watching the entire VCS recording, you must write a comprehensive summary of the
missed class session using the VCS_Summary_Template or Alternative Task Template (as
directed). This summary should not only review the content presented by your professor, it
must also include:
a. A review of the in-class discussions, thoughts, and general ideas of your peers.
b. You must provide responses to each question your instructor asks. These responses
must contain your original thoughts on the matter, plus outside material (quotes or
paraphrases) that support your viewpoints and/or contentions. The supporting
material must be properly cited and referenced as per APA standards.
i. Your responses must meet the 80% originality requirement, meaning that 80%
of what you write must be in your own words. A maximum of 20% of the
content can come from quoted material. Remember that quotes and
paraphrases can only be used as supporting material and can never replace
your own thoughts and words.
c. Apply 3-4 key points to your future profession, businesses, or future classes.
3. When finished, your summary must be at least 2 pages, but will likely be 5+ pages.
4. The summary must follow standard APA-formatting requirements (Times New Roman 12-
point font, double spaced, first line indents, title and reference pages, etc.)
5. The summary must contain the number of academic resources as shown below:
a. General Education courses = 2
b. Bachelor’s programs = 3
c. Master’s programs = 5
d. Doctoral programs = 7
6. The summary must be edited and spell/grammar-checked to ensure academic quality.
7. Upload the summary to the appropriate place on GAP before the start of your next live class.
a. For example, if your class meets on Mondays at 6:30 p.m Pacific Time, your VCS
Summary is due on Monday evenings by 6:29 p.m.
8. Once uploaded, email your professor to notify them.
9. Your professor will check in the system to confirm that you watched the recording.
a. Please note: If you watched the recording with a classmate (did not use your own
login), please let your professor know that student’s name in order to confirm.