Once you have drafted the story message and researched the target audience, the next step is beginning to build the creative components of the story. You will need to know the details of at least one main character before you can move on to developing the plot of the story itself.
Create a sketch for one main character for a story. Use descriptive language to show rather than tell the attributes of the character. Your character may be related to the work you completed for the story pitch for Milestone One or it can also be completely unrelated to that story pitch.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
· In a sketch of one main character, identify and describe the following:
· The role of the chosen main character in the story
· The physical and non-physical attributes of the chosen main character
· The character traits of the chosen main character
· The character’s background, including significant events that occurred in the chosen main character’s past
· The motivations and ambitions of the chosen main character
Guidelines for Submission
This assignment must be approximately 250 to 500 words in length and submitted as a Microsoft Word document. Resources are not required. Any resources used must be cited in APA format.
The following resource may help support your work on the milestone:
Template: Character Sketch Template This template includes an outline of many of the characteristics and details that you can include in your character sketch. You are not required to use or submit this template for grading to create your character sketch.