To help you answer the questions below, refer to your module resources, MyMISLab, and any additional resources you can identify. Remember that you will need to use current APA guidelines for your citations in the final project submission. Note that each question in this worksheet asks you to track your citations. This will help you avoid a last-minute hunt for resources when you submit your final project.
Refer to the Milestone Two Guidelines and Rubric document for full, detailed instructions for this activity.
Part I: Business Questions
In this section, you will expand on the business needs you identified and described in Milestone One and determine the questions stakeholders at SNHU Clothing might ask that could be answered with data. This will help you identify the types of data that can best address SNHU Clothing’s business needs.
1. Business Questions: Referring to the business needs you identified and described in Milestone One, predict the types of questions leaders at the company might ask that could be answered using data.
2. Types of Data: Describe the types of data needed to answer those questions, referring to the different types of data that might be stored in client systems at SNHU Clothing that you brainstormed in Milestone One.
Part II: Systems and System Interactions
In this section, you will explain how you can meet SNHU Clothing’s business needs with current systems and system interactions.
3. Link: Illustrate how you will link SNHU Clothing’s systems to get the data that answers questions related to business needs. Use your description of the interrelationships between these systems from Milestone One as a starting point. Focus more on the general approach to linking these systems rather than the technical details. You may use a combination of text and visuals, such as a flowchart, to illustrate how you would link these systems.
4. Gaps: Explain the gaps in data flow that are present in SNHU Clothing’s systems and system interactions. Consider how the systems could be incompatible in their interactions.
Part III: Producing the Appropriate Reports
In this section, you will determine how to produce appropriate reports based on the business questions and current systems and system interactions.
5. Reports: Describe what types of reports you would need to produce in order to answer the business questions you determined.
6. Report Linking Data: Explain what type of information you might need from stakeholders at SNHU Clothing in order create a report linking data from various systems.
7. How and Who: Discuss how you would approach getting this information from stakeholders at SNHU Clothing, and which stakeholders might be able to provide this information.
8. Reporting Tools: Now that you have determined relevant business questions for SNHU Clothing, as well as the organization’s systems and system interactions, describe the types of reporting tools that could be used to answer the business questions. Discuss the various ways that they could be used to create reports.