1. Written Report (25%)
This is the major piece of work for this course and as such, should satisfy the following criteria:
· Demonstrate understanding of the legal/regulatory environment and relevant laws as well as economic, ethical, social/cultural, international and political issues
· Demonstrate the ability to investigate, synthesise and analyse
· Demonstrate understanding as to the most appropriate, efficient and effective means of managing the legal risks that arise from the circumstances
· Clearly and convincingly communicate the findings
· Be between 3000-4000 words
Topic: EITHER: For a selected organisation（Selected Organisation is BHP BILLITON LIMITED）
(a) Summarise in about 250-500 words the characteristics/features of the organisation (you can choose a statutory/government body or select a business or not-for-profit organisation if you prefer and describe what goods/services it provides).
(b) Outline any legal governance, management and relationship issues that affect the organisation as a whole (this is to link you into the lecture material) (about 250-500 words – awareness not depth is required at this stage)
(c) List any general and specific legislation that is of particular importance in regulating the organisation and any relevant industry or similar bodies
(d) Outline areas of high legal risk for the organisation as a whole and SELECT ONE to be the centre of your discussion and analysis
(e) Explore the reasons and implications of this legal risk for the organisation both short –term and those that may arise in the long-term.
(f) Identify and describe strategic options for management of this legal risk and evaluate those options in terms of cost and benefit to the organisation
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
(g) Offer recommendations as to the most appropriate option and the rationale for those recommendations.