Answer the following prompts in APA format:
When assessing an adolescent with bipolar disorder, what are some of the diagnostic and treatment challenges th
clinician might face?
Identify one probable differential diagnosis for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder in the child and adolescent population?
include some assessment findings and the pertinent positives and negatives that make this a differential diagnosi
Resources: Here are 5 professional articles on some of the latest evidence-based best practices on Bipolar Disor
children and adolescents for your review.
1. Abrams, Z. (2020, October 1). Treating bipolar disorder in kids and teens. American Psychological Association
51(7). Retrieved June 20, 2021 from https://www.apa.org/monitor/2020/10/ce-corner-bipolar
2. Alexson, D. (2021, April 7). Pediatric bipolar disorder: Overview of choosing treatment. UpToDate. Retrieved Ju
19, 2021 from https://www.uptodate.com/contents/pediatric-bipolar-disorder-overview-of-choosing-treatment?
3. Birmaher, B. (2020, June 11). Bipolar disorder in children and adolescents: Assessment and diagnosis. UpToD
Retrieved June 19, 2021 from https://www.uptodate.com/contents/bipolar-disorder-in-children-and-adolescentsassessment-and-diagnosis?
4. Vieta, E., Salagre, E., Grande, I., Carvalho, A. F., Fernandes, B. S., Berk, M., Birmaher, B., Tohen, M., & Suppe
(2018). Early intervention in bipolar disorder. The American Journal of Psychiatry, 175(5), 411-426.
5. Wagner, K. D. (2018, August 28). Treatment of bipolar in children and adolescents. Psychiatric Times. Retrieve
June 20, 2021 https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/treatment-bipolar-depression-children-and-adolescents