• Design a research experiment around a social science related research question.
• You should submit a brief report that addresses the guidelines below. It should be of a minimum length between 500 and 750 words
• This word count does not include the reference section.
• The paper should be broken down into the three sections listed below. Sections should be labeled (use the highlighted phrases for section headers). Points will be deducted if this format is not followed.
• Whatever sources you use, list them in the reference section at the end of the document (APA format).
• All submitted content will be processed through SafeAssign to ensure no academic integrity violations.
Research Question and Hypothesis: Explicitly state the research question you want to examine with your research study.
State your hypothesis or what you expect to find. Include this hypothesis (H1) and the null hypothesis (H0).
Explain why it is important to study this construct.
Need to use at least 2 peer-reviewed source in this description.
Consider it as a mini-introduction, mirroring content you’d find in the introduction of a journal article. This should be no more than 2 paragraphs in length.
o Research Design: Reflect on the process of designing your study. Contents should be similar to that of a methods section.
o Who will participate in your study? What demographic will you be targeting?
o What design best assesses the research question you are posing? Explain your reasoning.
o You must use an experimental or quasi-experimental design.
o Give a brief overview of your planned procedure.
o Will you have separate groups in your study? If so, how many? Explain your reasoning for the groups.
o Is it a between-subjects or within-subjects design? Explain your reasoning.
o Are there possible confounding variables? Are there concerns about internal validity? How will you address these issues?
o Conclusions/Implications: Include a brief description of how you would interpret the results of your study
o Have one statement that describes your anticipated results (H1) and one statement that would describe results that support the null hypothesis (H0).
o Include a graph (preferably in excel) that displays your anticipated results.
o How will your research be important to society at large in light of the possible different analytic outcomes?