Assignment outline: Approx. 2000 words
15 references should be appropriately cited using the Harvard style
Your tasks (Main Report Specifications)
This assignment is essentially a two-part assignment; the first part of the assignment will concentrate on the analysis of the business and the type of data the business uses on a daily basis.
Business Scenario Requirements
Several small business scenarios with accompanying raw data sets and animated introductions are available to you (via the unit website), all of which require a detailed analysis and the development of a mockup information system interface (web interface). Your task is to choose Eco-Homes -A family based business in sustainable home design with 20 years’ experience now expanding to a national level. for which you will carry out a business review and competitive analysis in order to design and implement a suitable web information portal.
Part A: Upon selecting one of the scenarios, you are required to complete the following requirements.
· Industry background: Review the industry involved in the chosen data set and provide a brief yet comprehensive overview of that industry sector, including history, current environment and transformations and future scope.
· Business model and environment: Identify the business model best suited to the scenarios as well as identifying their target audience and value proposition. Using the following analysis methods conduct an analysis of the chosen business.
· Create a table with the provided data set and
identify appropriate field labels. Provide a brief
description justifying your field label choices.
· Using the provided datasets, identify (min 3)
trends or insights that a manager can identify to gain a competitive advantage.
Part B: The second part of the assignment will be mainly focused on developing a non-functioning website information portal mock-up. As a designer, you may consult with your tutor to ensure you accurately reflect the requirements of your proposed design. You must also consider basic design principles to justify your design and user interface. As well as the web and design elements, a vital part of this assignment is the perceived business advantage; you must be able to prove that the business will benefit from your design. Tasks for this part of the assignment include:
· Design three (3) main prototype pages for your proposed user interface. 1 Main page (no selections made), 1 page with simulated sections shown and 1 page with the simulated output. (any design or drawing tool can be used)
· Discuss the elements within those pages in relation to the design principles and usability guidelines. Also discuss the relationship between the webpage selection options and the identified fields from the data set.
· Identify three (3) additional tools and or engagement methods the website can use to increase its competitive advantage.
Main Submission Requirements/Structure
The structure of your report should include the following:
· Executive Summary *
· Table of Contents * Introduction*
Part A: Evaluations of the business:
· Industry Background
· Business model and environment (business model
type, target audience)
· Value proposition
· SWOT analysis and discussion
· Porters 5 forces Analysis
· Table creation and discussion Part B: Information Portal design:
· Design review and justification
· Page designs (x3), including discussion on additional customer engagement techniques Other report components.
· Conclusion/Summary (provide brief summary and any additional recommendations)
· Include an appendix *(mandatory)
· Reference List *(mandatory)
· Additional Resources:
The following resources (as listed below) can be used as additional guides to assist you with your analysis and design.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;