For this activity, you are to examine two assessments that are commonly used to screen for depression among older adults:
1) Geriatric Depression Scale: https://web.stanford.edu/~yesavage/GDS.english.short.score.html (Links to an external site.)
2) Patient Health Questionnaire-9: https://www.mdcalc.com/phq-9-patient-health-questionnaire-9 (Links to an external site.)
Answer the following questions about these assessments:
1) How are they similar and different?
2) Which one do you like better and why?
3) What are some possible pros/cons to using each assessment with older adults?
Class Activity Post 8
For this post, please respond the the following questions:
Mental Health and Aging CHAPTER 6
1) What information did you find most interesting about this chapter? Pick a quote and describe why you found it interesting.
2) Have you known any older adults who have experienced mental health problems? Briefly describe this person and situation.
(Yochim, B. P., & Woodhead, E. L. (Eds.) (2018). Psychology of Aging: A Biopsychosocial Perspective. New York, NY: Springer. ISBN: 9780826137289)