Essay Two will be an argumentative or persuasive essay on
ANY topic of your own choosing.
The below guidelines must be followed to make a passing grade, but does not determine an A:
● It must include a clear 3-point thesis statement with a clear forecast
o It must be an argument whose validity you are trying to prove or an attempt to
get readers to do or believe something
● It must include three specific points
o These should be the root of your body paragraphs
● It must include at least two secondary sources
o One must be popular, one must be academic
o A Works Cited Page is not required, but highly encouraged
o These sources should preferably come from Galileo, but not required to be
o They CANNOT be websites including Wikipedia, dictionaries, Sparknotes,
▪ review Sources PPT for these and all other prohibited sources
o You are free to use additional sources so long as they are formatted correctly
o Do not overdo it!!!!
● It must be supported by at least three quotes as support
o A Works Cited Page is not required but highly encouraged.
o Block Quotes are off limits
● It must adhere to basic essay structure.
o Be sure to pay attention to intros, body paragraphs, conclusion, transitions,
spelling, grammar, mechanics and sentence structure.
● It must should consider a specific audience, but it is not required for this essay.
o It will be required for the next essay, so get practice now!
● It must be typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font, 1-inch margins and double
o Full MLA is not required, but the attempt is highly encouraged
o Templates have been provided, SO PLEASE USE!!!!
● It must not be in first person.
● It must include a title.
o Essay 2 or Research Paper or the name of your career field also will not work
o Be creative!
● It must be at least 3 full pages but no more than 5.
● This essay is due on June 28.