a research paper is an important part of this course.
In this assignment you’ll write a thesis statement, an outline, and cite at least 3 sources. All of this will be
used again in your final paper.
You will chose a topic that relates directly any of the topics we’re covering in this course. (You can see the
list above in the outline.) In no more than two (2) pages, single or double spaced:
• You will write an introductory paragraph for your paper, that introduces your topic includes your thesis
statement. You will tell us what your paper is about, and what it is going to accomplish.
• You will then outline at least 3 main body paragraphs. Using bullet points, you’ll tell us what you intend to
cover in each of your main paragraphs.
• For each main paragraph, you should cite at least one (1) of the sources in a footnote that you’ll use in
your final paper.
• At this stage you should choose one book, one journal article, & one website.
• You will also need to include a bibliography of the 3 sources you used.
those are the instructions of the OUTLINE.
for the MAIN PAPER please follow the instructions below.
use CHICANGO for OUTLINE AND MY MAIN PAPER.
That means your sources are cited using a footnote, and NOT embedded within the body itself.
prepare an academic paper of 2000 words total. (Footnotes & Bibliography do not count in word total). It is
to be typed and double-spaced, with 12-point font, and 1.25 inch margins. This is not a sermon, or
reflection piece, into which you incorporate a few sources. It is a demonstration of your ability to research
and present your findings, upon which you then comment by way of demonstrating your ability to critically
engage the topic and findings.
A title page, footnotes, and a bibliography of works consulted are to be included.
• A total of SEVEN (7) outside resources, not including dictionaries, encyclopaedias and your texts
are required for full grades.
• No more than two (2) sources should be from the internet
• At least one (1) should be from peer-reviewed journal article.
• All sources must be cited within your work, and not simply listed in your Bibliography.
The paper will be evaluated on the use of primary sources, use of the literature including an awareness of
conflicting interpretations, orderly and balanced development of the material and 25% is given to use of
language, spelling and other communication skills.
Citation (footnotes and bibliography) should be in Chicago style.