1. Course Learning Objective (CLO)
– CLO1- Differentiate the roles and responsibilities of tactical operations and emergency management personnel and distinguish their educational and training requirements (25%)
– CLO3- Examine disaster case studies to assess and analyze the performance of incident managers and multi- agency teams at the tactical level (25%)
– CLO4-Explain various types of disaster drills and exercises, and establish good practice for communications and interoperability development (25%)
– CLO5-Articulate UAE’s CONOPS procedures including social media communication policy and monitoring (25%)
2. Assignment Information
Assignment Length: Individual Presentation (10 mins) Proportion of total course marks: 15%
5. Presentation Procedure
You will deliver individual Power Point presentation on the specified date and time via MS teams and the instructor will upload live video in Moodle.
You are to:
1.Present in a professional briefing format.
2. Develop a strategic case study of the following case studie.
. Analysis of Tactical Response during the 2004 Asian Tsunami in Sri Lanka
3. Building on themes taught in class, develop a case study presentation.
The presentation is aimed to increase students’ vocabulary and enterprise skills within the SSDEC sectors.
The structure of the presentation should be included to the following components; however, it should not be limited to:
iv. Methods and approaches