In-course Assignment Specification
Module Code and Title: Advanced Network Routing
Assignment No. and Title:
Advanced Routing Review Paper
Weighting Towards Module Grade: 100%
Weighting of Individual Components towards Coursework:
Date Set: –
Hand-In Deadline Date:
1. Critically evaluate the use of advanced routing in the context of detailed case studies.
2. Demonstrate a critical awareness of the technology and issues involved in the application of advanced routing over a range of network designs.
You will need to identify a research area in the field of advanced routing and produce a review paper. It is expected that you read and review at least five relevant journal or conference papers on the subject. Your review paper is expected to be around four pages, and should not just be a summary of the papers you have read but be critical in nature and hence detail shortcomings or problems of the presented approaches as well as identify potential areas for future investigation.
Your tasks are as follows:
- Email the module leader the title of your paper and major reference sources
- Submit a paper (hard copy) around four pages
- Put all documents in a portfolio and submit through course resources
You will submit a well presented paper around four pages using the IEEE format provided together with your presentation slides and review of paper. The paper should be well written, structured and formatted, and you should use a proper format for your list of references. The Internet is rich of sites helping with report/paper writing
Format: download the template from the IEEE Web site at http://www.ieee.org/documents/TRANS-JOUR.doc so you can use it to prepare your paper. See appendix A for guidelines on how to write a journal paper (taken form an IEEE web site, will also be provided in UDo course resources)
The cou` rsework mark will be split according to the following scheme:
- Presentation 15%
- presentation itself 5%
- information presented 10%
- Paper 30%
- style 5%
- explanation of paper 15%
- putting paper into context 10%
- Review of paper 5%
Company A in London purchased Company B in Edinburgh. Currently two companies’ networks remain separate entities. Company A’s network has 10 Cisco router and running the EIGRP routing Protocol. Company B’s network has 15 non cisco routers and running the OSPF routing protocol. Both companies’ networks are still using IPv4. Two networks need to be merged together to provide connectivity. It is expected that the new network should be based on IPv6. As the network consultant to the company,
Your tasks are as follows:
- Propose a new network routing strategy that it is scalable and will provide optimal performance and security.
2. Critically evaluate the benefits and drawbacks of transition from IPv4 to IPv6
3. Propose a transition plan from IPv4 to IPv6
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
You will submit a well presented report about 6 pages. The report should be well written, structured and formatted, and you should use a proper format for your list of references.