As a business major it is important to often read business articles and understand them. We are now near the end of ACCT 2102 and you have learned a plethora of financial terms. Your assignment is as follows:
• Find a real-world business article (at least one page, not one paragraph) that is interesting to you and includes accounting terminology that we have learned. It should not simply be an article explaining a subject we have learned. The article should relate material learned in ACCT 2101 and ACCT 2102 to a company or companies.
• Do NOT choose an article you do not understand.
• The article must be recent, within the last 3 months.
• Type a one to two paragraph summary of this article with proper spelling and grammar. Imagine you are turning this into your boss at work.
• Include a copy of the article after your summary or provide the proper citation (website is fine).
• The summary must state why you picked this article and how it relates to a specific topic(s) learned in ACCT 2101 and/or ACCT 2102.
• Per the syllabus this is 2% of your final average.
• You will submit the article summary to the assignment drop box.
• You can find business articles at numerous websites, including but not limited to:
o Wall Street Journal
o Yahoo Finance
o Business Week
o Business Insider
o Google Finance
o Financial Times
o Market Watch
o Motley Fool
o GHC Library
Example of a good article to use: Article about Costco and the $1.50 hot dog combo (discusses profit/loss per unit and make vs. buy the hotdogs)
Example of an article that simply explains a subject we learned and does not relate it to a real-world company, thus not a good article to use: Depreciation explanation