Physical Security Plan Template
• Why did you propose the lighting where you did?
• What factors did you consider when increasing security of the parking design and the differences between the visitor parking garage and the staff parking lot?
• Why did you place cameras where you did?
• What kind of windows are required? What kind of access control security are you providing for the visitor, employee, and patient?
• What kind of information would you collect from all nonemployees to enter the hospital for security reasons?
• What kind of security would you have at the door (e.g., physical, ID badges, cameras)?
• From a security perspective, why is the placement of the nurses’ station important?
• For security reasons, why do you encourage visitors to stay in designated areas or tell them where to go (e.g., signs, maps, paths, etc.)?
• How do you secure the newborns from potential abduction and accidental switching?
• Would different secondary ID badges for maternity ward employees be recommended and why?
• What kind of security training would you offer to employee staff, and how often would it take place? Why?
o Would the training be different for each group? How?