This discussion is based on the definition of “imagined community” by Benedict Anderson (uploaded in the Content under Nov 8).
Please select one article from the list and read it:
Please answer following questions in relation to the article from the list you have read:
1. What is the name of the article?
2. What are the historical figures and symbols used by the author to create “imagined community” ?
3. How would you describe “imagined community” or the “we” that is constructed by the text? What are the values associated with it?
4. How are the feelings of shared experience and ideas incited in readers/listeners?
5. What are the conflicting notions of this “imagined community” presented in the article?