Due November 28, 2021 by 11:59 PM in Blackboard
“Everyone possesses unique talents and strengths that they can bring to a
career. Everyone also has ways in which they can improve themselves.” As you
continue along your career path, keep these statements in mind and honestly
reflect on your own talents, strengths, needs, and ways in which you can improve
Throughout the semester, students have been presented with opportunities to
reflect on their values, beliefs, strengths and growth. Students were also required to
create a resume based on their work history. In this assignment, students will write a
reflective essay about their career path including their past history, present placement
and future aspirations. Students will use prompts provided by the instructor to guide
Upon completion of this assignment, students will be able to analyze how their
career has been affected by personal choices, values, experiences, influential people,
and employment. Students will use this information to begin to develop a future career
● Students will write an essay using the questions provided below as prompts.
○ Students should also use their Values Self-Assessment, Philosophy
Statement, and Resume as resources to complete the essay. The
reflections used to complete these documents will inform this essay.
● Answers to the prompts should be written in paragraph form, not as a list and
should be thorough and descriptive.
● The essay should be 3-5 pages long, typed with 12 point font, double-spaced
and have 1” margins on all 4 sides.
● Students’ writing should reflect college-level vocabulary, grammar and spelling.
Terms and concepts from the course should be included.
● This assignment is due on or before Sunday, November 28th @ 11:59 PM via
● What are the three things you enjoy most about your job? OR What excites you
about your current position?
● What would you like to stop doing, start doing and continue doing in your current
role and/or your next role?
● Does your current role and organization meet your work-based values?
● What initially attracted you to your current role?
● What did you learn this year?
○ What skills are needed to succeed in a post-COVID world?
○ What does your skills gap look like and how could you fill it?
● Where do you want to be in five years?
○ Does your current role help you achieve this goal?
■ What kind of job do you need to “feed your soul” and
support yourself financially?
■ Do you need to uplevel your skills?
■ How long will you give yourself before looking for or
leaving for a new job?
○ Who are the people who can help you achieve these goals?
○ What changes do you need to make in order to achieve these goals?
● What role does work play in building the life you want to lead?
○ How does your current role support that life?
● What impact do you want to have on the world?
○ How does your current role support that vision?